Entry Policy for Vehicle Inspections
Tasbus Vehicle Entry Policy Download
You will need to download and print the Vehicle Entry Policy and bring it with you to your next inspection.
Work, Health and Safety Requirements. Notice to Drivers & Other Personnel.
To ensure the work health and safety of vehicle examiners, drivers and other persons at a depot and surrounding yard area, including any workshop area (depot) where TBA Services Pty Ltd vehicle examiners are undertaking vehicle inspections, drivers and any other persons must comply with the following rules:
- The workshop or vehicle inspection area within the depot is not to be entered without authorisation from the vehicle examiner or the depot operator or the depot operator’s representative
- Drivers and others must follow all directions given by the vehicle examiner when entering the workshop or vehicle inspection area to present the vehicle for inspection. The vehicle examiner will advise the driver when to stop and start the vehicle, when to apply parking and other brakes and when to adjust gears.
- Drivers and other persons must remain in the vehicle unless requested to leave the vehicle by the vehicle examiner or the depot operator or the depot operator’s representative.
- Safety vests or other high visibility clothing and other required personal protective equipment (PPE) must be worn correctly at all times by drivers and other persons within the depot. Carrying your safety vest or other high visibility clothing is not acceptable.
- When a driver or other persons leave the vehicle, he or she must be signed in to the depot by the depot operator or the depot operator’s representative and be advised of all rules, policies and guidelines for pedestrians and visitors at the depot.
- All persons, including drivers must obey all speed limit and other safety signs upon entering the depot.
- The speed limit within any depot for the purposes of any vehicle inspection is walking pace (5km) unless otherwise directed by the vehicle examiner or the depot operator’s representative.
- When reversing a vehicle within the depot, the driver must sound the horn and use hazard lights.
- No smoking or lighting of cigarettes is permitted within the depot except at any designated smoking area (where applicable) within the depot.
- No inappropriate conduct, including swearing, bullying or aggressive behaviour will be tolerated at any time.